Date: Fri Mar 25 17:20:27 2005
From: Thierry at sniff-em.com (Thierry Zoller)
Subject: o2 Germany promotes SMS-Phishing

Dear Mr Szilveszter ,
?Sd> maybe
?Sd> T-Mobile in DE does the same.

It does, and even I used it, so that basicaly means I would have
fallen for it if it would have been a scam. However note that the
phone rings the same day your account and phone is activated, nobody
may potentialy know the number, unless of course you gave the number
beforehand to some friends which aren't really friends. And then
that friend who isn't really a friend must know what provider you are
using. If I would have been an ARCOR customer I surely wouldn't have
responded to such a T-NET box configuration call.

So lots of parameters which make this unlikely to happen, but then
again how often do we see similar problems with a similar numbers of
paramaters being exploited in the ITsec field.

Regards
Thierry Zoller
http://www.sniff-em.com