Date: Tue Mar 29 18:16:03 2005
From: iago at valhallalegends.com (Ron)
Subject: windows linux final study

Well, the only reply to that would be:

>Since the catholic church say God exists and they have a vested interest
>in the matter they must be lying.  Therefore God doesn't exist.  I rest
>my case.

Of course I'd be skeptical of their proof.  If the Republicans came out
with proof that Democrats suck, I'd be skeptical.  When a commercial
says "we are proven to have the best rates" I'm skeptical.

"Statistics can be used to prove anything - 53% of all people know that"

Statistics can be skewed, important numbers can be ignored, numbers can
be used to prove different things if used cleverly, and an experiment
can be designed in such a way to favor one side (a bias).  That's why,
for an experiment involving statistics, I want to see a neutral party
finding the results.

But that's just me.  That's no more than an argument against the theory.