Date: Thu Apr  7 23:36:11 2005
From: mmaiffret at eeye.com (Marc Maiffret)
Subject: IIS hacking contest

Has no one learned from these contests yet that they don't work, not
even for reasons of being a false way to test security, but because the
servers are never able to stay online for more than an hour because of
denial of service attacks.

The "funny" part is if the server gets DDoS'd then so will Windows IT
Pro magazine whom is hosting the hack server (now at least) on the same
subnet as their main website and with the same routes of course... Maybe
they can product test some Arbor networks gear while they are at it :-)
two for one.

Then again we did break our last xbox, so hmmmm

Signed,
Marc Maiffret
Chief Hacking Officer
eEye Digital Security
T.949.349.9062
F.949.349.9329
http://eEye.com/Blink - End-Point Vulnerability Prevention
http://eEye.com/Retina - Network Security Scanner
http://eEye.com/Iris - Network Traffic Analyzer
http://eEye.com/SecureIIS - Stop known and unknown IIS vulnerabilities

Important Notice: This email is confidential, may be legally privileged,
and is for the intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying,
distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and
may be a criminal offense.  Please delete if obtained in error and email
confirmation to the sender.