Date: Fri May 20 20:58:27 2005
From: sil at politrix.org (J. Oquendo)
Subject: COX Internet Outage BS

On Fri, 20 May 2005 str0ke@...w0rm.com wrote:

> sargon >>
> Ermmm, how did you determine this?
> >>

> Well I have 59 cox communications lines in 59 different cities.  They
all
> went down at the same time.  dslreports + technical staff stated they
are
> having a nation wide problem right now, their entire system is down.
>
> So thats how I determined this.
>
> /str0ke

Luckily for me their entire outage did not affect 5 different offices I
have using them. Outside of anything, this email seemed better suited for
NANOG than it did full disclosure. But... Since it's here now, it is
likely going to be some more DNS bs or equipment failure from my guess. I
do know Cox not too long ago did some migration over, or replaced
something that broke them one time or another. Maybe they still haven't
gotten their act together. As for major outage? I can VPN through 5
different office from work spread throughout the states without a hitch.

J. Oquendo
GPG Key ID 0x97B43D89
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x97B43D89

To conquer the enemy without resorting to war is the most
desirable.  The highest form of generalship is to conquer
the enemy by strategy." - Sun Tzu