Date: Fri May 27 04:54:58 2005
From: stevex11 at sbcglobal.net (Steve Kudlak)
Subject: Not even the NSA can get it right

Way back when I worked for government agencies for a living all the easy
to get to sites had nothing sensitive on them. Everything that had
sensitive stuff was not on the ARPANET or was behind multiple gsteways.
Right now even normal citizens like you and me can build pretty secure
systems that will stop a lot of stuff. I assume the NSA does the same
too but can do better. I come from the "Rainbow Books" era and those
have been replaced by other things at this point. But there were a few
bugs in Sun's C-2 Security and that's low level.

Now it could be they hired some standard webdesign firm to do it and
that the website is only its sort of public face. There are Intanets
with much better security and there are secure Networks that run on nice
BSD variants that are very good. BSD is good because a lot of it is
people who every morning or evening;) they get up for the past 20+ years
they have thought about security issues and watched what happened and
all that stuff. I have been giggling at the teenagers who have been
attacking my website as of late. I learned a lot by reading the logs.
But but we have secure passwords that are not in any dictionary and all
that good stuff. It is also completely seperate from public accounts
like this one I use for day to chattering about on the Internet..

Have Fun,
Sends Steve

Have Fun,
Sends Steve