Date: Mon Jun 20 19:44:33 2005
From: greed at pobox.com (Graham Reed)
Subject: Gmail blacklisted by Full-Disclosure

Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu writes:

> OK.. apparently a miscue - they're listed in the wrong zone - this should
> be for the postmaster zone not the DSN zone.

They're in postmaster as well, with the same evidence.

> There is however a requirement that if they *emit* mail that claims an origin
> of @zproxy.gmail.com, that *somebody* accept mail for postmaster@...oxy.gmail.com
>
> So they're still not off the hook entirely.

True enough; though the "evidence" does NOT include an outbound message
which claims to be MAIL FROM: <somebody@...oxy.gmail.com>.  So it's easy to
see what test failed and why, but what isn't obvious is why the test was
performed in the first place.

I'm not claiming they don't generate such mail.  Just from the evidence
available, there's room for doubt.