Date: Mon Jun 20 14:14:21 2005
From: deeper at gmail.com (Daniel)
Subject: Security of phpBB

Tom,

It pretty much breaks down to 3 questions:

1: will it be web facing at all (or are we looking at an internal server only)
2: Is this for company confidential information, or general chatter
3: What other products have you looked at?

To be honest, i'd recommend Phorum http://phorum.org/ as its far more
secure than phpBB (which incidentally i now use to teach people how
not to produce web applications)

Also, by adding another layer like mod_security,
http://modsecurity.org also helps

Daniel
OWASP.org