Date: Mon Jul  4 21:40:54 2005
From: kaf at szub.net (Kaf Oseo)
Subject: Re: Directory traversal in source.php not fixed.

Seth,

Thank you again.

I've personally not found a difference in efficiency between strstr and
strpos. However, I'll look into whether this is case for my script. As
my main concern is with the path traversal issue brought up (naturally),
and these two lines:

$file = (strstr($file_get, '..') == true) ? NULL : $file_get;
$file = (strpos($file_get, '..') === false) ? $file_get : NULL;

appear to be functionally equivalent, I can take a little time testing
strpos vs. strstr for speed and memory use.

I agree with your Perl observation, but then you work with the tools for
the job at hand.

Just another monkey, :)
-Kaf