Date: Wed Jul 27 00:18:55 2005
From: andrey at securityelf.org (Andrey Bayora)
Subject: New Whitepaper "Software Misuse: from malicious
	actions to mind control"

Hello list,
I would like to introduce my new whitepaper "Software Misuse: from malicious
actions to mind control". The ideas for this paper come more than 2 years
ago. I wrote them down, and then when I saw new viruses using what I wrote
and think about - I start delete implemented ideas from my notes, the rest -
presented in this whitepaper. I believe that many of described issues
"waiting" for release by virus writers, therefore I decided to publish this
paper. In many cases due to very "sensitive" subject, I provide only the
general concept without the proof.
Any opinion or criticism highly appreciated, but remember - no security
through obscurity.

INTRODUCTION

The goal of this whitepaper is to show how dangerous could be a software
misuse, the problems of current malicious code defense systems and introduce
a new theoretical threats - NeuroWorm, Subliminal Virus and other.
One of the main ideas in this whitepaper is that antivirus software could
have serious problems to stop software that "behave" abnormally.
There are many new "names and definitions" in this whitepaper, if you like,
you can use them. It was just a part of the "fun" to write this whitepaper
and create some "crazy" names.

Here is the partial list of presented issues:
- ArchiVirus - malicious code in SFX archives.
- Antivirus programs detection evasion with commercial anti-cracking
software.
- An ultimate file infection engine from Microsoft?
- The Black Antivirus - antivirus program with signature definition file
against security tools.
- The Offline Metamorphic Engine - threats to generate unique malware for
every user.
- The NeuroWorm - using Artificial Intelligence in computer malware.
- Subliminal Virus - how computer virus can control or influence the human
mind.

The whitepaper can be found at http://www.securityelf.org in the Whitepapers
section.
I know, it is not perfect, but I will improve.

Regards,
Andrey Bayora.