Date: Thu Jul 28 09:13:40 2005
From: grisu at guru.at (Christoph Gruber)
Subject: Our Industry Is Seriously Ethics Impaired

Am Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2005 15:15 schrieb Adam Jones:
> What exactly is wrong with this?

Lokk at this:
http://www.red-database-security.com/advisory/published_alerts.html
Alex informed Oracle immediatly of all vulns, and they did nothing.
Me, as a security personal have to think that I am the only one in the world,
who doesnt know about a vulnerabilty.

> I personally would rather have 3com
> buying up exploits (probably under an agreement for exclusive access)
> instead of having them sold to the highest, probably malicious,
> bidder.

You trust 3Com? Me Not.

> Even if someone sells it to both there is a more reputable
> group that has the exploit and can help with mitigation.

What makes you shure, that noone else finds it?

--
Grisu
2B OR (NOT (2B)) = FF