Date: Mon Aug  1 02:38:53 2005
From: dufresne at winternet.com (Ron DuFresne)
Subject: Cisco IOS Shellcode Presentation

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005, Micheal Espinola Jr wrote:

> It was Lynn's choice based on his statement to the press - and it was
> still his choice no matter what the coercion might have been.
>
> Larry had no right to take take that choice away, and I doubt anyone
> here has the right nor the first-hand knowledge in order to pass
> judgement on the reasons for Lynn's choice.
>
> Based on Lynn's statements his motivation was patriotic.  Who are we
> to judge that was not his intent for his intellectual property?

I made no judgement about Lynn or the choices he may or may have made of
his own free will, did I?  If so where did I make such judgements  in my
post?  I merely questioned how "free" his choices were after deciding that
his employer was not going to stop him from pushing this information to
the masses.  Seems to me that his "freely" made recent choices were
influenced, I think that is easy to read into the events as they have
progressed, do you not also?

> I ask you, how do you know it wasn't?

	<see above and consider for yourself how this whole thing has
	played out over the period of time>

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne