Date: Thu Aug 18 00:00:42 2005
From: yossarian at planet.nl (yossarian)
Subject: Re: It's not that simple...

In the original X-Force paper named pipes were mentioned besides Null
Sessions. Does it need both or either one - the paper isn't clear on this?
The named pipes seem to have dropped from all discussion.... Anyway, never
broke anything by disabling them, either. This is a registry hack described
in the MS Hardening guides for 2000 and 2003 server. Just like Null
sessions. Elsewhere dunno, but probably, never bothered.