Date: Fri Aug 19 18:51:06 2005
From: dankney at sunsetfilms.com (Donald J. Ankney)
Subject: Disney Down?

Any IT department that simply removes a worm and shoves a box back
into production has serious issues.

After a machine has been compromised, it should be wiped and rebuilt.
I don't trust myself to find everything that an intruder (or
intruding software) may have done while in the system. I trust my
disaster-recovery plan to make sure that rapid data restoration is
possible after a machine is taken down and rebuilt.