Date: Mon Aug 22 18:59:13 2005
From: toddtowles at brookshires.com (Todd Towles)
Subject: Zotob Worm Remover

Wireless really isn't a issue. You can get a worm from a cat 5 as easy
as you can from wireless. The problem was they weren't patched. Why
weren't they patched? Perhaps Change policy slowed them down, perhaps it
was the fear of broken programs..perhaps it was the QA group..it doesn't
really matter. They go the worm because they were not patched.

This worm isn't just proof, it is more proof. But everyone on the list
is fully aware of the holes in corporate networks. Spear-phishing,
custom modified keyloggers, rootkit/botnet drive by installs... This
worm didn't proof anything new to any IT professional.

-Todd