Date: Thu Aug 25 18:08:19 2005
From: aprotas at eeye.com (Andre Protas)
Subject: talk.google.com

One interesting point is how beta this software really is.  Load it up
into ida and you can see references to their .cpp src as well as their
'cricket' directories.  Looks like there's quite a bit more
functionality built in that is just disabled right now, would be kind of
a fun little chore to patch it up and make it more functional (if the
google jabber server is even configured to forward those different types
of traffic).

Also, they are doing some client-side bounds checking on their message
sizes.  But, if you connect to talk.google.com from a different client
(gaim for instance), you can send quite a bit larger of a buffer.  Hehe,
but then gaim was also cutting me off too the larger I went (more of a
gtk issue than anything).  I loaded up a python jabber client but got
blocked by the new google token everyone was talking about.

Only worth so much time to play around with now that it's just in
beta...but nonetheless, this thread should be about technical
'disclosures', and the political and conspiracy theories abound.

Signed,

Andre Derek Protas
Security Researcher
eEye Digital Security