Date: Thu Sep  8 17:03:44 2005
From: augm58 at dsl.pipex.com (Paul Farrow)
Subject: Far too quiet on the list.

Im used to having to fetch mail every few minutes.
Have all they kiddies gone back to school or something?!

Anyway... might as well start a topic for discusion.

Companys say that a pirate (read warez kiddie) for the most part (read
98%) would not enter a store, pick up an audio/movie/software cd, and
leave without paying.
However they class internet piracy as doing just that.

True, I wouldnt shoplift anything. However, I wouldnt goto the cinema
(unless I was with an attractive young girl), or buy a cd/dvd/software
package.
Shouldnt the companys just be happy that theyre not losing any financial
gain from me, as I wouldnt buy their stuff anyway, however I still enjoy
the work theyve put into it.

I mean for crying out loud, what use is incredibly high speed broadband
in a residential home useful for?
Yes I know theres lots of legitimate uses for 10mbit house hold
connections, like getting email, and browsing the net etc... but can
anyone on here honestly say theyve never illegally downloaded anything?

I rest my face.

zzzzZZZzzzz