Date: Mon Sep 12 00:37:29 2005
From: dave at isecureu.com (dave kleiman)
Subject: Forensic help?

KF,

Is that a financial decision?  Anyone can purchase EnCase.

You can mirror it with DD, if you are familiar with it, it is free.

Best bang for the buck for imaging a drive, and recovering files and even
partitions is R-tools r-tt.com:
You would want Drive Image ($49) http://www.drive-image.com/ and R-UNDELETE
($55) http://www.r-undelete.com/. If you need to do the recovery across a
network R-studio is ($179)

Look here at the bottom of the page to see what each can do:
http://www.data-recovery-software.net/

Cheers!

Dave Kleiman, CAS,CIFI,CISM,CISSP,ISSAP,ISSMP,MCSE

www.SecurityBreachResponse.com www.ComputerForensicInvestigations.com