Date: Wed Sep 21 03:17:29 2005
From: se_cur_ity at hotmail.com (Morning Wood)
Subject: perldiver

      - EXPL-A-2005-014 exploitlabs.com Advisory 043 -
                          -perldiver -

AFFECTED PRODUCTS
=================
Perldiver v1.x and 2.x
http://scriptsolutions.com/

OVERVIEW
========
Perl Diver digs into your server's perl installation
 and giving you the information you need and quick
 and easy to find manner.

DETAILS
=======
1. XSS

Perldiver does not properly filter malicious script content.
XSS my be inserted in the "module" parameter. ( v2.x )
or as a GET request in the main script ( v1.x )

The malicious script is the rendered and is executed
 in the context of the users brower.

POC
===

1.x
------
http://[host]/[path]/perldiver.pl?testhere<SCRIPT>alert(document.domain);</SCRIPT>

2.x
------
http://[host]/[path]/perldiver.cgi?action=2020&module=<script>document.write(document.domain)</script>

bonus vendor site vuln:
http://www.scriptsolutions.com/programs/free/perldiver/perldiver.cgi?action=2020&module=<script>document.write(document.domain)</script>

SOLUTION:
=========
vendor contact:
Sept 14, 2005
http://www.scriptsolutions.com/support/postlist.pl?Cat=&Board=DDBugs
response Sept 15, 2005

If you are a current PerlDiver user, you can either download the updated
version,
or insert the following line after my $module = param( 'module' );
in the module_detail subroutine:

   $module =~ s/^([A-Za-z0-9]|:)//g;

updated version:
http://www.scriptsolutions.com/support/showflat.pl?Board=DLPerlDiver&Number=446
http://www.scriptsolutions.com/support/files/4-446-perldiver.zip

Credits
=======
This vulnerability was discovered and researched by
Donnie Werner of exploitlabs

mail:   wood at exploitlabs.com
mail:   morning_wood at zone-h.org
--