Date: Thu Sep 22 14:58:14 2005
From: gmontgomery at gapsinc.com (Gina H Montgomery)
Subject: Re: PDF's unsafe?

Geo,

I found that in order to disable the automatic web page load inside of
Adobe I had to do the following (running Adobe Reader 7.0 under Linux):

Edit -> Preferences -> Weblink

Here, set the "Browser Executable" equal to something bogus (like
"/bin/false").  I found that if I simply left it blank, then the change
didn't save and my original browser settings were retained.

I'm not sure about the Win[] versions of Adobe, though, since (if my
memory serves me correctly) you can only choose from a drop-down list of
"Officially Installed" browsers.  Double-check this, though, and let me
know if you (or anyone else) figure out the M$ side of this.  Thanks!

Gina H. Montgomery
Systems Administrator
Global Anti-Piracy Systems, Inc.
http://www.gapsinc.com/