Date: Sat Oct  1 20:33:28 2005
From: mail at hackingspirits.com (Debasis Mohanty)
Subject: Re: Bypassing Personal Firewall
	(ZoneAlarmPro)Using DDE-IPC

Hey TZ,
>> I am not sure we are speaking about the same attack. When I was speaking
about SendMessage()
>> I was refering to the presentation at CCC2003, i.e shelling IE simulating
a user through SendMessage() Api.

As this wasn't clear in your previous reply so I got it wrong. Anyway thanks
for clarifying ... :)

>> AFAIK, it does not, the Shatter Attack doesn't necessarely rely on
SendMessage(),
>> not to mention a driver shouldn't open a window at all

Very true .. The shatter attack & DDE problem is partially resolved by ZA
current version as long the attack takes place at ring-3. I haven't checked
it for ring-0 so can't comment on it.

- D