Date: Tue Oct  4 14:44:18 2005
From: toddtowles at brookshires.com (Todd Towles)
Subject: Different Claims by ZoneLabs on the
	"BypassingPersonalFirewall (Zone Alarm Pro) Using DDE-IPC" issue

I agree with you. Users should upgrade. But the security advisory put
out by ZA is stated in a way different then the security mind works. We
want to know which ones are vulnerable. Are people still using v3? I
guess, I haven't used ZA in a very long time.

But even Microsoft tells you when NT4 and Windows 98 are open to attack.

 If Microsoft received a security issue and released a statement that
said, Windows XP isn't vulnerable...then everyone will be looking at
this different. They would be questioning...what about Windows 98? What
about Windows 2000 Gold? Etc, etc.

I am not saying that ZA is in the wrong, but they should think about
changing the way that the information is released. It makes it looks
like they don't care about their old customers...which could become
their current/future customers. Just my 2 cents and IMHO and all that