Date: Fri Oct 14 17:12:13 2005
From: nfobro at gmail.com (eric williams)
Subject: IMLogic telling porkies about Yahoo

I will attempt to be brief.  I think maybe you missed the point of the
IMLogic statement.  Stating that malware or exploits are targeted at a
particular application or O/S does not infer that exploitation is
successful at circumventing technical controls.  It only asserts that
the object is targeted.

In a later post another article was cited, in that article a different
exploit vector was being exercised and the Yahoo! messenger was being
used as a social engineering 'tool'.

I don't think, personally, that anyone should be 'banned' or is not
genuine in their desire to contribute to the community of list
subscribers on FD.  There is the occasional individual rant or self
aggrandizement, but who is not guilty of that on occasion?  Filter as
required, peruse, repeat.

-e