Date: Mon Oct 24 22:33:55 2005
From: trains at doctorunix.com (trains@...torunix.com)
Subject: vhost enumeration

Quoting unknown unknown <unknown.pentester@...il.com>:

> I'm very interested in the idea of finding vhosts given an IP address. So
> far, the only way to do this is by querying open source facilities such as
> search engines and online statistic databases.

I think a zone transfer would be the only authoritative resource.
Anything else is some degree of guesswork and is bound to miss unlinked
sites ,etc.   there are still lots of older DNS servers out there which
allow zone xfers, but the number is shrinking every day.   Check all
the secondary, tertiary, etc servers.