Date: Wed Nov  2 17:43:57 2005
From: bkfsec at sdf.lonestar.org (bkfsec)
Subject: new IE bug (confirmed on ALL windows)

ad@...ss101.org wrote:

>I just don't like such insisted contradiction when proof is here that?s
>all...have been able to test it on 9 windows + 1 98SE and there is always
>someone to put the doubt on it ... my reaction maybe suck but I thought it
>was clear...........................

As entertaining as this thread is, the whole thing probably should have
been avoided simply by doing what should have been done in the first
place: figuring out what the difference was between you and Greg's
implementation of 98SE.

Just saying the OS version and service pack level isn't enough. You have
to also consider configuration, further patches, DLLs modified/installed
by other applications... hell, even the OS language can make a
difference because not all versions of Windows have the same code. This
has been shown in the past.

To be honest, anyone who doesn't understand the previous paragraph,
needs to shut the fuck up, report their results, and let the rest of us
who have a clue sort the shit out.

-bkfsec