Date: Thu Nov  3 20:50:11 2005
From: full-disclosure at pchandyman.com.au (Greg)
Subject: Re: new IE bug (confirmed on ALL windows)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Korn" <davek_throwaway@...mail.com>
To: <full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk>
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 6:14 AM
Subject: [Full-disclosure] Re: new IE bug (confirmed on ALL windows)

> Greg wrote in news:002101c5dfec$3928ac90$5601010a@P4

Sigh.... the above sort of posting is just what gets me here. We have people
who know so much more than those who have posted on this thread who rarely
comment due to comments like that. Whatever happened to civility in posting,
here? I would rather them not be frightened away.

To answer your unfortunate comments though - the crash does not occur on
WIN98SE *ENGLISH* IE6SP2 edition when employed by me from a P2 400Mhz which
is running wired to this machine which then routes it wireless to my router.
This machine is behind ZA Pro for the heck of it. That was what I posted and
remains true. I did *NOT* try any other language version which may or may
not crash. As I explained and you seem not to want to grasp is that it
doesn't crash as I have described. Now as I said in my post, *WHY* it
doesn't crash I leave to those who are interested in the differences. I also
noted it does crash on XPSP2 using IE6SP2 behind exactly the same conditions
as the 98SE machine and it crashes IE6SP2 on this XPSP2 machine.

Now why you see that as a problem more than something that should be
investigated I don't know but they remain the irrefutable facts.

Greg.