Date: Wed Nov  9 15:40:39 2005
From: daniels at Ponderosatel.com (Daniel Sichel)
Subject: Happy Helpful web apps that just need port xx
	open....

>Sorry, no way on earth am I gonna run your wretched java virus/trojan
just
>in order to get the opportunity to have marketing bullshit rammed down
my
>throat.  It's utter GARBAGE to claim that installing some completely
unknown
>java application is somehow a "safe environment" compared to reading
plain
>text emails.

 >   cheers,
 >     DaveK

Very succintly put. Anybody who thinks that blindly downloaded software
running in a virtual machine  is safe deserves what they get. Anybody
who opens a hole in their firewall to accommodate it probably also wants
to help Nigerian Billionaires transfer their money to a US bank account.
Sigh. Sadly the Dilbert bosses hear this marketing pablum, believe it,
then criticize their security/network people as overly negative and
resistant to change when they oppose this crap.

Do you suppose there is any way we could buy off, er I mean pursuade,
the trial lawyers to get civil liability to attach to negligently
misrepresented software?

Dan Sichel CCNP, MCSE
Network Engineer
Ponderosa Telephone