Date: Fri Nov 11 16:47:08 2005
From: kenneth.d.ng at gmail.com (Kenneth Ng)
Subject: the "Sony/BMG" virus

On 11/11/05, Todd Towles <toddtowles@...okshires.com> wrote:
> Barry wrote:
> > Sony needs to pay big for this.  I'll never buy a Sony/BMG
> > item again...
> > no apology is enough.

> They treat us all like cattle, as Barry said.

They treat us like cattle?  I think this treatment is worse than
convicted child molesters.
- You have a EULA that no reasonable person can understand
- If you go bankrupt, you loose rights to the music.
- If you loose the orignals, you loose rights to the music.
- Sony has the right to install anything they want on your computer
and do anything they want.
- Right now the program phones home with info every time you play a
song.  How long before it phones home when you play competitors songs?
 Or prevent you from going to an independent music site?
- Trying to remove the rootkit can trash your system
- To get the removal program, you need to sign up for Sony marketing.