Date: Sun Nov 13 22:57:05 2005
From: barrie at reboot-robot.net (Barrie Dempster)
Subject: FAO Mark Murtagh from Websense

On Sun, 2005-11-13 at 22:02 +0000, n3td3v wrote:
> I never said MW was right or wrong. Morning Wood didn't launch a
> personal attack on me. You were just someone who came on the thread
> and started your attacks. If it was anyone's position to launch a
> personal attack against me, it was MW and no one else. Yet you
> probably get involved with threads and conversations that don't
> initially involve you all the time.

Like I said, no personal attack was made.

Are you sure it didn't involve me ? because it did land in my inbox, did
you mis-address the post and it really wasn't supposed to go to the list
and was for the attention of someone else ? That seems to be a recurring
issue that may require "addressing". (apologies for the weak pun)

> By the way, I know exactly who you are

I sign my emails and provide my full name, so I would hope you do.

>  and the IRC channel you hang
> out on,

Damn it ! I tried to hide that channel so hard too by having the details
on the front page of the site which I linked to in my signature, twice!
How you figured that out I'll never know. You must have some sort of
advanced hyperlink browsing technology. Your investigative skills are
apparently on par with your English writings skills.

> and all the people connected to you.

All of them ? cool. do you have Craigs address, I haven't seen the guy
for a while and forgot where he moved to. Thanks in advance.

>  Watch your step, the feds
> might arrive on your doorstep one day by saying the wrong thing on
> your sun research facility network.
>
> Say hi to Bryno for me ;-)

The feds have no interest in my doorstep since it's not in their
jurisdiction, although on second thoughts they'd have no reason to come
here since I'm very unlikely to discuss anything they would be
interested in, unless they want to know how my family are doing and what
my current work projects involve or what i think of RMS and ESR since
that's the sort of content I spew in to the channel generally. If they
do, all they have to do is ask and I'd probably be happy to keep them
informed, time permitting. Unless you are insinuating there is some sort
of illegal or malicious activity going on, in that you'd be grossly
mistaken. Although I'm glad researchers like yourself are on the case we
wouldn't want people maliciously chatting with their friends.

Notice, that even now after you have attacked me personally more than
once, I still stray away from a direct insult on your person and merely
point out some areas you may need to improve on. Mere friendly advice,
not insult.

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

"He who hingeth aboot, geteth hee-haw" Victor - Still Game

blog:  http://reboot-robot.net
sites: http://www.bsrf.org.uk - http://www.security-forums.com
ca:    https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3