Date: Thu Nov 17 16:46:00 2005
From: madhat at unspecific.com (MadHat)
Subject: Windows 2003 Logging/Log Analysis Tool

On Nov 17, 2005, at 10:34 AM, John Goh wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Hope to get suggestions on log analysis softwares.
>
> I?m looking for recommendation on what are the better log analysis
> softwares around that?re capable of generating good logs for;
>
> IIS 6.0
> NetApp NetCache 5.x
> Microsoft ISA RRAS
> Are there also Log Agents available for System so that all the logs
> are contributed to a Centralized Log Server?

"Log analysis" is vague, there are several aspects to log analysis,
but as far as ways of getting the data to a central server and
watching for specific events, I like snare and sec.

Snare:
http://www.intersectalliance.com/projects/index.html

SEC (simple event correlator):
http://kodu.neti.ee/~risto/sec/

--
MadHat (at) Unspecific.com, C?ISSP
E786 7B30 7534 DCC2 94D5  91DE E922 0B21 9DDC 3E98