Date: Thu Nov 17 16:54:00 2005
From: davefd at davewking.com (Dave King)
Subject: Database servers on XP and the curious flaw

You are most likely right that by default MSDE and 2005 Express are
secure by default.  I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought I made
this clear when I said "if the configuration allows the guest account
access to the database", but I guess I should have added something about
that by default it's secure.  I'm sure this was my mistake because I've
received at least 3 emails that have pointed this out that SQL server is
secure by default.  Mostly my comment was in reference to "How many
people at home run a fully fledged RDBMS on their XP systems?".  I was
just trying to point out that more people than we may think _are_
running database servers on their system.

Laters,
Dave King