Date: Tue Dec  6 19:00:45 2005
From: buford.t.pisser at verizon.net (Buford T. Pisser)
Subject: IT security professionals in demand in 2006

I was already in the door and had been doing the work for years. Then
the "Company" decided that I needed the Cert to make myself saleable to
perspective customers. I went to Borders and picked up a copy of "CISSP
For Dummies". Cracked the book 2 nights before the test to take the
practice exams. Scored a 92 on the exam and put the book away. We were
given 6 hours to complete the exam. They handed the exams out at 9:15.
We started the test about 20 minutes later. At 11:45 I was sitting in
the resort restaurant with my two sons eating breakfast. I would not
howerevr put down the significance or value of the CISSP certification.
With it I doubled my salary within less than 4 months of having obtained
it. My ex employer  paid for the  cert,  but refused to budge on the
raise promises that were made to get me to go for the cert. But then a
gain, I did say ex-employer.

Marvin R. Myers CISSP