Date: Thu Dec  8 09:14:54 2005
From: jftucker at gmail.com (James Tucker)
Subject: Looking for a job in OrangeCounty California,
	honestly

Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:

> Gah. All this top posting and immaturity makes it difficult to reply,
> and normally I'd be prone to ignore this, but I'm hoping that someone
> else will be able to learn from the errors made here. Jay is not
> employable, for multiple reasons. He's already gone out of his way to
> publicly humiliate himself. Lists like Full Disclosure are archived in
> so many places that, long after he's matured (it is to be hoped that
> he'll mature), his boorish behavior will be there to haunt him.
>
> Some of the suggestions here have been made with the best of
> intentions, and the attempts at kindness and assistance are really
> heart warming. I would suggest that the LAPD is no where near the OC,
> and that they are not going to let anyone near a computer to do
> forensics (honestly, there are professionals, with professional tools
> available only to law enforcement, for that).
>
> No, the best that can be learned here is to always keep it
> professional. Always. Profanity, childish temper tantrums, threats,
> chest-thumping about who is more elite than whom, all of these get
> stored in multiple archives, just waiting to spring back to life 5,
> 10, or 20 years from now. Trust me, I have Usenet postings that are
> out there (or were; thank you google, for letting me remove them) that
> are nearly 20 years old.
>
> Please, folk, don't think that an alias hides you, and that you can
> run into the crowd and throw feces at us as though you were a caged
> monkey. Stop and think about what you say. For that matter, learn to
> use a spell checker. At least attempt to look professional. It might
> get to be a habit.

(expecially a technical one) would be useless information. They will
quite happily trust a confident and well stated individual present in
front of them than a few hundred pages of e-mail to/from random
individuals accross the planet.

Furhtermore, the number of utterly appalling
engineers/techs/consultants/developers/managers I have seen out there,
they all get employed somehow despite clearly lieing, being totally
incompetent and many other failings. Did you genuinely think about what
your were saying when you chose the word "unemployable"?