Date: Thu Dec 15 20:26:49 2005
From: dudevanwinkle at gmail.com (Dude VanWinkle)
Subject: OT: Amazing, the Diebold insider said.

On 12/13/05, Jei <jei@...hut.fi> wrote:
> Shortly before the election, ten days to two weeks, we were told that the date
> in the machine was malfunctioning, the source recalled. So we were told 'Apply
> this patch in a big rush. Later, the Diebold insider learned that the patches
> were never certified by the state of Georgia, as required by law.

I voted in Georgia's 4th congressional district. I helped to re-elect
Cynthia McKinney via a Diebold machine, so their subversive app cant
be working all that well ;-)

I heard many tales from reputable individuals about diebold machines
and their woes, and from my 11 years experience working in the IT
industry; I believe every one of them.

I have also worked with federal and state government. My favorite tale
was about a government contractor who was charged with creating a test
module for the first strike detection (read: WWIII automation) at
NORAD. My friend looked at the assembly for the test module and found
out that all the device did was flash lights on and off, not actually
test the system that was almost capable of ending all life on earth.

The reason I say almost is that the Military knows that no system
should be completely automated, no important system that is. The
previous paragraph illustrates why: Some douchebag thought his million
dollars was more important than all life on earth.

Guess no one holds that kind of import for our electoral process.

-JP
"Dont blame me, I voted Saddam"
-JP