Date: Sun Dec 18 20:11:08 2005
From: jasonc at science.org (Jason Coombs)
Subject: Re: Guidance Software Customer Database Hacked?

Guidance Software is an unethical company driven by greed.

They truly do not care that their products and their training are flawed.

Guidance cares only that its products sell, and for them to sell as widely as possible they need to convince law enforcement agencies that in order to do 'computer forensic investigations' you need to license their products.

Has this resulted in wrongful convictions of innocent persons based on Guidance Software's brand of flawed computer forensics? Absolutely, yes. Does Guidance care? Absolutely, not.

There needs to be a death penalty for corporations.

Regards,

Jason Coombs
jasonc@...ence.org