Date: Mon Dec 19 04:37:19 2005
From: jpole at jcpa.com (Jamie C. Pole)
Subject: [Clips] A small editorial about recent
	events.(fwd)

I'm not a blind apologist that is willing to defend everything that
has been done, but if you want to go down that road, Germany is not
entirely innocent of human rights violations.

I translate documents for historians, and I can promise that Germany
has done far worse things.  We are not looking for leibensraum - we
are just looking to be safe.

Given the history of terrorist activity in Germany, I'm really
surprised that you feel the way you do - your government is
benefitting from the intelligence that is being gathered as well.
Thankfully, Ms. Merkel seems to understand that.

JCP