Date: Mon Dec 19 07:06:47 2005
From: jpole at jcpa.com (Jamie C. Pole)
Subject: [Clips] A small editorialaboutrecentevents.(fwd)

Okay.

Here is the fundamental problem - we do not know the circumstances
under which the extralegal wiretaps were conducted.  It is highly
likely that the wiretaps did save lives - maybe even German lives.
That is the point I have been trying to make all night.  There are
certain aspects of the operations of any government (even a Republic
like the USA) that the general citizenry does not need to be privy
to.  I believe this to be one of those aspects.  When this material
is declassified in 25 years, we'll all know whether or not this was
worth it.

You are not going to convince me that my country is an evil place
with designs on controlling or destroying the entire world, and I'm
obviously not going to convince you that it isn't.

Jamie