Date: Mon Dec 19 20:00:40 2005
From: kpawloski at gmail.com (Kevin Pawloski)
Subject: about that new MySpace XSS worm

A worm propagating through MySpace using a malicious flash file has been
going on for awhile now. There was one back in the end of October where
viewing a malicious Flash file changed your default picture to our main man
Ali G. A few days later, Symantec issued a security bulletin for
vulnerabilities in Flash versions 6.X and 7.X. (See BugtraqID 15332)

In other words, the "worm" creates a link to the malicious flash file in
your MySpace profile. Whenever someone views your profile with a vulnerable
version of Flash they become infected and the "worm" grows.

Kevin