Date: Wed Dec 21 12:51:21 2005
From: j.schipper at math.uu.nl (Joachim Schipper)
Subject: Ioncube Encoded PHP Files

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 10:57:37PM +1100, mz4ph0d@...il.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just wondering, can anyone here speak to the level of security
> afforded by Ioncube encoded PHP files? Has anyone here broken the
> encryption or otherwise gained access to initially Ioncube encoded
> source files? Thanks!
>
> Ioncube: <http://www.ioncube.com>

Pretty much any source code encoding scheme can be defeated, given
enough work. The point is in making sure that it is too much work to do
so.

Though I wonder what the point is - it's not likely to be all that hard
to run the code on another system. The main point seems to be to prevent
administrators from making local changes, and I must admit to not seeing
a problem with people who have bought the software doing that.

		Joachim