Date: Sat Dec 24 18:38:37 2005
From: fd at g-0.org (GroundZero Security)
Subject: linux procfs vulnerablity

Hi !

i tested this bug and it is fact that indeed kernel memory can be leaked.
this leads to priviledge escalation as the encrypted root password is in there.
it could be cracked with john. in the log is more information that could lead
to a full system compromise. nice bug and not hard to code :-)

-sk
Http://www.groundzero-security.com