Date: Sat Dec 31 00:14:24 2005
From: nick at virus-l.demon.co.uk (Nick FitzGerald)
Subject: Let's check out cocc.com

Technica Forensis wrote:

[corrected for top-posting-itis]

<<snip>>

To really make the point, we should each do it at a pre-arranged
_local_ time -- like, say mid-night New Year's Eve/New Years Day...

Another thing to do with such cases (if you're really bored and have
the time) is to report them to the security contact at the originating
domain.  In this case you may just choose the internetplus@ address
mentioned in the actual message, but for the obsessively verbose ones
-- you know, the ones like:

   I'm at a conference until ...  For database queries contact Tom ...
   For backup issues contact Dick ...  For other support issues
   contact Mary ...

reporting them to the company's security contact is both a good thing
(the twat clearly is giving up way too much internel-only info they
should have policies against, so warning them is a genuinely good
thing), and a better thing (their security contact will likely have the
mail admin kill/fix such auto-responses so we see no more from them in
the list) and a really evil thing (the staff member will return from
conference to a meeting with security and possibly even get slapped
with a security policy infringement note on their HR record).

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald