Date: Fri Jan  6 00:52:29 2006
From: sbradcpa at pacbell.net (Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP])
Subject: Re: what we REALLY learned from WMF

It's easy for us on this side to Monday morning quarterback and say "oh
make it so".  There are times too that I go...okay ...come on ...how
many days has it taken for that to get fixed?  But then again, I don't
write code, I don't track back dependencies, I don't ensure umpteem
languages still work and all the other interconnectivity between
programs and code still function.

It's easy to say this stuff on this side.... but understand that the
mere release of a beta patch puts in jeopardy all of the consumer home
machines and small businesses that have no admin to protect them and
take mitigation measures.

What "I" really learned from this is to decide my "OWN" risk tolerance
and stop listening to all the sites and blogs and news reports and what
not that spread a lot of FUD and misinformation and used this many times
as a PR vehicle.  Only I know what risk I will tolerate.  That's what I
learned from this.

Susan

--
Letting your vendors set your risk analysis these days?
http://www.threatcode.com