Date: Sat Jan 14 22:11:28 2006
From: ge at linuxbox.org (Gadi Evron)
Subject: TAUSEC returns - next Sunday (22/jan)

After our vacation, the security forum (TAUSEC) at the Tel Aviv
University is back - kickin`!

Next Sunday, 22nd of January, 2006, there will be a TAUSEC meeting at
the usual time and location; Lev Auditorium, Tel Aviv University. 18:00
(6PM).

Attendance is free. Hot and cold drinks will be served, free of charge.

Map to Lev Auditorium: http://www2.tau.ac.il/map/unimapl1.asp
URL for more information: http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/tausec

Schedule:
---------
17:45	Gathering, hot and cold drinks will be served.

18:00	Greta Yosh - Testing, Abstraction, Theorem Proving:
	Better Together.

We present a method for static program analysis that leverages tests
and concrete program executions.  State abstractions generalizes the
set of program states obtained from concrete executions.  A theorem
prover is then used for checking that the generalized set of concrete
states covers all potential executions, and satisfies additional safety
properties.

Our method finds the same potential errors as the most-precise abstract
interpreter for a given abstraction, and potentially more efficient.
Additionally, it provides a new way to tune performance by alternating
between concrete execution and theorem proving.

19:00	Break, hot and cold drinks will be served.

19:30	Izik Kotler - Advanced buffer Overflow methods.

The name of the lecture speaks for itself, PPT is available on our site:
http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/tausec/lectures/Advanced_Buffer_Overflow_Methods.ppt
[You know what do do if the URL breaks]

Help spread the word! :)

Thanks - we hope to see you there,