Date: Fri Jan 20 21:47:08 2006
From: stan.bubrouski at gmail.com (Stan Bubrouski)
Subject: MBT Xss vulnerability

On 1/20/06, MuNNa <sant.jadhav@...il.com> wrote:
> Hii
>
> ->Why would he be concerned?  The problem is that most sites on the
> internet suffer from XSS vulenrabilities, its just that nobody cares
> because there is nothing to gain from the sites.  Nothing to gain you
> say?  Yes.  Let's take this site you posted about for example, I
> didn't look over the entire site, but glancing I don't even see
> anything which XSS would help you compromise.  The site seemingly is
> all static content (minus a search, correct me if I'm wrong) with no
> e-mail portal, forums, or anything else that the XSS could be
> leveraged to gain access to.  Since the site offeres no direct
> services (right?) what exactly could you trick people into doing here?
> The session cookie seems worthless since there's no login or
> anything...
>
> I have clearly mentioned in the disclosure that this Xss is not harmful for
> server side but you can target a lot of  people, using this website. If you
> have completly read my disclosure mail, i have mentioned in the end that a
> lot of people seeking job can be targeted. I can say this because i know the
> value of this organisation from point of placements. Morever this
> organisation provides security solution to other companies. From the point
> of comapny's security everything is fine but from the point of its social
> image......

Okay.

> ->Which would be meaningful if:
> A) this site were used by millions of people
> B) there was something worth compromising the site for (like access to
> webmail, personal information, etc...)
> I think what I'm missing here is why this particular XSS is useful in
> any way shape or form?    Am I missing something significant about
> this site?  Do people trust it for something?
>
> As explained before , it can attract a lot of job-seekers. Millions of them.
> They trust this organisation. Even i do very much.

Okay see that's why I asked since this site is used by millions of
people that actually answers my question.  Thank you.

> ->Isn't that what you are doing?
>
> I just posted a disclosure which i felt could be used by some bad guy to
> target innocent people.If anyone felt that this disclosure is some sort of
> spam and is really harmless, just discard it. Atleast i dont spam here by
> bashing someone else who has posted some disclosure. This bashing attitude
> reflects Lamer qualities and this discourages others from mailing
> disclosures.

Yeah I actually felt bad after I wrote that line, I jsut didn't
understand how his repsonse contributed to spam and yours didn't, know
what I mean?

> Hope i answered all your answers. Lets cut down the argument here.

You did, and thouroughly! I thank you!

> Regards;
>
> Santosh J

You da man,