Date: Fri Jan 27 10:07:13 2006
From: gary at intrepid.com (Gary Funck)
Subject: RE: [funsec] BlackWorm: statistics and numbers

Fun with numbers:

      Country Blackworm Infections Internet Users (Mil.) Infection Level
      Peru 54878 2.85 19255.44
      India 79610 18.48 4307.67
      Turkey 15516 5.50 2821.09
      Greece 4716 1.72 2741.86
      Egypt 7615 4.20 1813.10
      Intaly 22710 18.50 1227.57
      Malaysia 7176 8.69 825.78
      Romania 2837 4.00 709.25
      Phillipines 2463 3.50 703.71
      Indonesia 3873 8.00 484.13
      Mexico 2962 10.03 295.31
      United States 15271 159.00 96.04
      China 3544 94.00 37.70

Source (internet users):
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2153rank.html
Source (blackworm): http://www.lurhq.com/blackworm-stats.html

If we assume the "internet users" figures is at all accurate, and is perhaps
proportional to the
number of computers online, we can see which countries have been hit
disproportionately.

Disclaimer: I couldn't read the squished country stats at the bottom of the
pie chart, so
I made them up, as China and Romania respectively. <g>