Date: Mon Feb 20 10:41:02 2006
From: ge at linuxbox.org (Gadi Evron)
Subject: Tel Aviv University Security Forum (TAUSEC) -
	Sunday 26/feb

The next Computer Security Technological (non-commercial) forum - TAUSEC
is next Sunday, the 26th of February at Tel Aviv University's Lev
Auditorium.

Lectures
--------
17:45 - Gathering
Drinks and light food will be served, free of charge.

18:00 - Gadi Evron
Blog Spam: the changing face of spam

In this lecture there will be a general discussion of what blog spam,
referrer spam and other web content poisoning spam is. Then we will
cover some examples, show what the bad guys are doing and some
technologies they use to accomplish it, while on the other hand, what
technologies are being used to combat them.

19:10 - Break
Drinks and light food will be served, free of charge.

19:30 - Eran Shir
Leapfrogs and Honeypots: Distributive defense against computer viruses

Although computer viruses cause tremendous economic loss, defense
mechanisms fail to adapt to their rapid evolution.
Previous immunization strategies have been characterized as being static
and centralized, which has made virus containment difficult or even
impossible.
We suggest, instead, to propagate the immunization agent as an epidemic.

The main problem with epidemic vaccine propagation is that it is bound
to lag behind the virus.
We suggest to give the vaccine an advantage over the virus by allowing
it to leapfrog through a separate, overlapping, partially correlated
network.
This enables the anti-virus to contain the epidemic efficiently.
We systemize this concept with a 'honey pots' architecture which
achieves both early virus discovery and rapid immune disseminon.
We present analytic, as well as simulation, results for a set of
realistic topologies that illustrate the effectiveness of this approach.

Attendance is free.

	Gadi.

--
http://blogs.securiteam.com/

"Out of the box is where I live".
	-- Cara "Starbuck" Thrace, Battlestar Galactica.