Date: Tue Feb 21 11:50:20 2006
From: cruzan at gmail.com (Olli Haukkovaara)
Subject: Insecurity in Finnish parlament (computers)

I know that there is a documented case that Russian KGB authorities
switched GSM crypto off from base stations in St. Petersburg area
during 2003 when there were lots of foreigners visiting at St.
Petersburg's 300 years celebreations.

But I have not seen any document about the incident that Markus refers
below. Can you show us some evidence about that or is that just
another urban security legend?

On 2/21/06, Markus Jansson <markus.jansson@...hmail.com> wrote:

> Good article, but it lacks one important aspect of the fiasco:
> TeliaSonera also disabled crypto (A5/1) on GSM:s for some time, which
> made it possible to eavesdrop on its/goverments GSM:s. This was a the
> "big" fuzz.

Regards, Olli