Date: Mon Mar  6 16:50:44 2006
From: mooyix at gmail.com (Brendan Dolan-Gavitt)
Subject: MiTM with https there are any tools ?

> Alehandro Dias wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to conduct a test to get the unencrypted https traffic from a
> source,
> > but dont know if there are any tools to do that.
> > I am able to fake a dns entry, so he thinks i am www.hotmail.com(example).
> >
> > There are tools to setup a fake weserver (or proxy) that will redirect
> the
> > queries to the true website, storing the clear data ?
> > I imagine ettercap dont help in this situation.

Cain & Abel can also do an SSL man in the middle attack using ARP poisoning
to trick the user into thinking you're the destination server. Very
point-and-click easy to use (though it looks like oxid.it is down at the
moment). Of course, the certs presented to the user will be invalid (unless
you can get them to add you as a trusted CA or something), but there's no
way around that that I know of.

-Brendan