Date: Fri Mar 17 14:45:53 2006
From: 300baud at gmail.com (Line Noise)
Subject: What about subscriber only?

On 3/16/06, Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu <Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:32:11 +0100, Stefan Triller said:
> > What about closing this list for email adresses which aren't subscribed to it?
> > This would minimize the spam.
>
> Actually, it wouldn't, because the From: addresses are, for the most part,
> forged to show people who are actual subscribers - probably trawled out of
> a list archive.

Oh, that's definite and for sure. I unsubscribed from the list some
time ago, and resubscribed with a good old gmail account (thank you
google), which means that this moronic run against FD was something I
could just ignore (except for the work of deleting them). I received
an email from FD about "Post by non-member to a members-only list" and
suggesting I either wait patiently for moderator approval, or log on
and kill it. I was happy to do so (although I'm very sorry for John,
who must be drowning in that crap).

> Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.

I still do. Keep the faith, John.

--