Date: Fri Mar 24 22:53:19 2006
From: Bart.Lansing at kohls.com (Bart.Lansing@...ls.com)
Subject: New IE sploit?

This will handle the announced sploit...assuming you do snort, courtesy of
Bleeding-Snort:

http://www.bleedingsnort.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/sigs/EXPLOIT/EXPLOIT_IE_Vulnerabilities?view=markup

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS -> $HOME_NET any (msg:"BLEEDING-EDGE
WEB CLIENT Internet Explorer createTextRange Code Execution";
flow:established,from_server; content:"document.getElementById";
content:"createTextRange"; nocase; distance:3; within:50;
pcre:"/=\s*document\.getElementById.{0,30}?createTextRange/smi";
classtype:attempted-user; reference:bugtraq,17196;
reference:cve,2006-1359; sid:2002860; rev:2; )

full-disclosure-bounces@...ts.grok.org.uk wrote on 03/24/2006 04:36:49 PM:

> Internet Storm Center's always informative Diary has the following new
> information:
>
> "a particular site uses the "createTextRange" vulnerability to install a

> spybot variant."
>
> More details at
> http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=1212
>
> The timestamp of updated Diary entry is 2006-03-24 21:49:09 UTC.
> No need to say that their role is not to share exact URLs.
>
> - Juha-Matti

> > Hey All,
> >
> > I know this isn't really the place, but hey.
> > Has anyone got any sites that are currently using this, ideally links?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > xyberpix
> >
> > Blog: http://blogs.securiteam.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Kohl's Department Stores, Inc.
and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately at 262-703-7000.

CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are Kohl's property and Kohl's reserves the right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.  Kohl's reserves the right to monitor messages by authorized Kohl's Associates at any time
without any further consent.